Friday, June 20, 2014

Day one: in transit and in town

So after finally taking 70 pounds of luggage with me, we all headed off on a 5 and a half hour flight to iceland. Because it was an overnight but we chased the sun the whole way there, I didnt get much sleep at all. Also, the fact im an idiot and opened my water bottle (with a straw mind you) on the plane when it was pressurized and turned myself into a lovely fountain display as water shot out at me. Layover was approximately 4 minutes-enough time to get off and board the next plane. Then we had to wait forever for luggage at the thingy because apparently only 50% of bags need to arrive on time. Once that was done we went through an ever-so-german customs expecting to just hop on the bus and head to school. Ciky and Tena and a handful of other Germans surprised us at the airport though, and took the 4 hour bus ride with us home. The house and the town are beautiful.

My german is seriously lagging, i think the lack of sleep has erased everything i used to know besides danke. so we're just going to roll with that one for a while. That made dinner interesting, but the food was good. German potato salad (Kartoffelsalat) with pork schnitzel. I approve.

afterwords we just came home and i unpacked and realized how much black i own

1 comment:

  1. I can see the water bottle spraying you now! 4hr bus ride? Yikes I thought it was much shorter! Glad you are off to a good start....hope tomorrow is fun!

    ReplyDelete